To celebrate our 10th Birthday we've rounded up 10 cocktails we've loved over the years which you ccan now create for your next celebration.
A Margarita is loved by many and for a good reason!
You'll need a shaker for this one, but apart from, it's extremely east to make.
30ml Cointreau Liqueur
20ml of Lime Juice
Salt and Lime Slice, to serve
1. Combine all the ingredients in a shaker and shake till the contentsare chilled, and the ice is crushed.
2. Coat the rim of your glass with salt and strain the mixture into it.
2. APEROL SPRITZ
Aperol Spritzes are the ultimate refreshing cocktail! We love that an Aperol Spritz taste like summer time in Italy (even it it's Winter here in Australia we can still feel the Euro vibes).
Aperol Spritz Ingredients:
1 bottle of chilled Prosecco
1 bottle of Aperol
Soda, served from a syphon or chilled bottle
Slices of Oranges
Aperol Spritz Directions:
1. Fill a tall balloon or wine glasses generously with ice cubes.
2. Combine Prosecco followed by Aperol in equal parts.
3. Add a splash of Soda.
4. Garnish with a slice of Orange.
You can play around with the ratio until your Aperol Spritz tastes exactly the way you like it. We love it with a little more Prosecco than Aperol. If you would like to make it even lower in alcohol content, use proportionally more club soda and less Aperol and Prosecco.
This cocktail is classy, elegant and sweet. It will be a perfect fit for a graduation party.
4 White Peaches (can use peach juice)
1 part sugar syrup
4 part Martini Rossi Prosecco
1. Fill a champagne flute with peach puree until 1/2 full.
2. Top with Prosecco. The best way to make peach puree is simply by peeling and blending some peaches in a food processor. If peaches are not in season, you can use frozen (defrost before blending), canned or buy ready puree.
4. ESPRESSO MARTINI
This cocktail will take a bit more preparation than the one before, but we promise its so worth it!
Espresso Martini Ingredients:
50g Golden Caster Syrup
25ml Coffee Liqueur
Two Coffee Beans (optional)
Espresso Martini Directions:
1. You will need to make the syrup. Put sugar in a saucepan, add water, and heat over medium heat. Stir occassionally until sugar dissolves.
2. Chill the syrup and a martini glass in a fridge.
3. Once cold, start making the drink.
4. In a shaker, combine syrup, vodka, liqueur, espresso and ice.
5. Shake until the shaker feels cold. Serve in martini glassess, garnish your drink with coffee beans.
5. SEX ON THE BEACH
Easy to make and a guarantee to keep all your guests happy.
Sex On The Beach Ingredients:
50ml Peach Schnapps
Dash of freshly squeezed lemon juice
100-150ml Cranberry Juice
100-150ml Orange Juice
Lemon Slices, fresh or maraschino cherries and mint sprigs, to serve.
Espresso Martini Directions:
1. Fill a hi-ball with ice cubes.
2. Place the vodka, peach schnapps and lemon juice in a cocktail shaker and shake well or pour into a jug and stir well.
3. Top up glass with equal measures of cranberry and orange juice.
4. Add a slice of lemon and a cherry to each glass and serve decorated with fresh mini sprigs.
For an extra fruity flavour make this cocktail with strawberry vodka and replace half the orange juice with pineapple juice.
This drink is the definition of a good-time in a glass. Perfect for a party!
30ml Orange Liqueur
30ml Cranberry Juice
Juice of 1/2 Lime
Espresso Martini Directions:
1. Pour the ingredients into a coctail shaker.
2. Mix till combined.
3. Serve in a martini glass.
7. LONG ISLAND ICED TEA
A cocktail that never seems to go out of style.
Tea isn't actually an addition to the drink, but the ingredients used predominantly the cola, provide the profile of tea with much more flavour.
Long Island Iced Tea Ingredients:
15ml White Rum
20ml Lemon Juice
15ml Sugar Syrup
Cola, to top
Long Island Iced Tea Directions:
1. Add rum, gin, tequila, vodka, cointreau, lemon juice, sugar syrup, and ice to a cocktail shaker.
2. Shake, and then strain into an ice filled tall glass.
3. Top with cola.
4. Garnish with Lemon wedge.
The Mojito compliments summer perfectly with a fresh minty taste.
The mixture of white rum, mint, lime juice, sugar and soda water is crisp and clean with a relatively low alcohol content.
2 parts Bacardi Carta Blanca
1/2 Fresh Lime
12 Fresh Mint Leaves
2 heaped bar spoons of Caster Sugar
Dash of Soda Water
Fresh Mint to garnish.
1. Put the four lime wedges into a glass, then ass the sugar and muddle (squish everything together) to release the lime juice.
2. Put the mint leaves in one hand and clap. This bruises the leaves and releases the aroma. Rub the mint leaves around the rim of the glass and drop them in. Use a muddler, bar spoon (or even a rolling pin) to gently push the mint down into the lime juice.
3. Half fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in the Bacardi Carta Blanca. Stir the mix together until the suagr dissolves.
4. Top up with crushed ice, a splash of the soda and garnish it with a sprig of mint.
When preparing a mojito, always crush the mint leaves as opposed to dicing. This will unlock oils that will assist with enhancing the minty flavour.
Best known as Brazil's national cocktail, a compliment to any festive party.
4 Lime Wedges
2 Teaspoons of Sugar
Lime, to garnish
1. Add lime wedges, sugar, cachaca and ice to a glass
3. Garnish with lime
10. PINA COLADA
The classic tropical cocktail, with a distinctive look and taste. More of a smoothie as opposed to an alcoholic beverage.
Pina Colada Ingredients:
6-7 chuncks of Pineapple
1 Teaspoon of Sugar
1 Tablespoon of Coconut Cream
50ml Bacardi Carta Blanco
50ml Fresh Pineapple Juice
a pineapple traingle of garnish
Pina Colada Directions:
1. Place all your ingredients into the blender (apart from the garnish) and blend until a smooth consistency.
2. Pour into a chilled (or even better, frozen) glass, then add your garnish and serve.